Sacred Heart School of Theology will be closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, as well as on January 1, 2016.
Library staffing hours may be irregular between December 21 – 31, so please call ahead before driving out: 414-858-4995.
Have a blessed Christmas and a peaceful new year.
Please see this link to the new LibGuide on creating your Academic Pass to The New York Times.
Thanks to all who sent in an entry for the “Just Tell Us” contest. Here are some of the comments & suggestions that were shared and of course, our four gift card winners, too.
What do you love best about Dehon Library?
- I really love the silence and reclining chairs. They combine for a perfect place to study, sleep, or relax in quiet.
- 24/7 access to library (for those with a key); it is rare to have this kind of access–even in seminaries !! Second favorite like: bar code check out !!
- Convenient corner for studying and the whole-hearted help of staff-library
- The people. Everyone is so extremely helpful, welcoming, and friendly! They are never to busy to offer help on the computers or with resources or just friendly advice. They always have a smile and go the extra mile to be of service. Thank you!!!
- I love the variety of resources that the Dehon library has to offer, especially the corner to study and be comfortable.
- I love the services and free books.
- i love the openness of the staff to serve us.
- i love the schedule.
- I do love also the free books outside.
What would be a dream service you’d like to see us offer?
- A coffee bar (machine–for free or modest cost) with espresso, Latte, Mocha, etc
- Add leather recliners
- I would love to see the Dehon library sponsor lunch-time talks centering around the theology of various famous theologians of the 20th century. Perhaps different professors would volunteer their knowledge and share their love. A different theologian every talk.
Any great ideas for Dehon Library?
- I would really like to see the library offer some online resources, specifically for writing papers using Microsoft Word and doing Powerpoint presentations.
- Remind to someone who leave the library late remember to turn of the light before they leave; remind to somebody who make noisy in our library.
- I would encourage Dehon Library to continue expanding their online journal subscription, because so many great resources are available through that medium.
And these four individuals have won a $25 iTunes gift card: Michael Hopper, Thang (Peter) Nguyen, Charlene Lammers, & Andrew Linn! Happy listening!